A place for my knitting ramblings ...

3.09.2009

A ballband bib & my first apron

It is kind of embarrassing how long I have been working on this (I think I started it back in July), but at long last, I present to you the Ballband Bib in blue, green and yellow ...


When I started this project, I didn't know if the recipient would be a boy or a girl. The knitting part was actually completed about a month ago, but the bib still needed a button, which had to wait until the baby was born. My friends had a girl and named her Clementine, so I promptly went to the store and found an orange-colored daisy button to complete
this project.

I have actually been spending more time thinking about sewing lately. I have buying a little bit of fabric. And finding good sewing blogs to read. And interloaning sewing books through the library. And thinking about projects that I'd like to do someday. Since I am a total novice, I have to be realistic when I look at all the patterns and possibilities. I figured an apron might be a good second project for me. So, I made the Psychedelic Squares apron from A is for Apron. Wanna see?




Now I am thinking about tackling the fat quarter doll quilt from Sew, Mama, Sew! I figure that it will be a good way to learn how to quilt ... FUN!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Stacey said...

Great job on the apron! Looking forward to seeing your sewing progress too....I've been doing a bit more of it these days too :)

March 10, 2009 2:50 AM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

That would totally be a good quilt project to start with, but be careful! Once you get the quilting bug you will have two stashes to manage! Love your apron!

March 10, 2009 7:35 AM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Thanks for your kind comments. Your apron is beautiful. I've been meaning to make one for myself.

Go for the doll quilt! I can't wait to see your progress.

March 10, 2009 8:04 AM

 
Blogger Kindred Crafters said...

DO it!! Love your apron. Can't wait to see the quilt!

- Donna

March 12, 2009 12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Melissa said...

This looks great! Way to go! I'm encouraged by your learning! I just might want to learn to sew -- or at least watch someone else do it! :) Keep it up!

March 15, 2009 10:19 PM

 
Blogger Miri Mack said...

I love the bib. It turned out wonderful. The apron is pretty, too. I love it's vintage look.

May 18, 2009 8:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home