A place for my knitting ramblings ...

6.18.2009

Funky Monkeys Changing Pad

A friend of mine is having a baby this summer and this gave me the perfect opportunity to continue to learn some new sewing skills. So, I went to my local quilting shop and found some fabulous fabric - some yellow minky and 5 Funky Monkeys Counting in Lime - that is just perfect for a little baby boy. See?


I borrowed Amy Butler's Little Stitches from the library - it has so many cute projects, as one would expect from Amy Butler. I mean, really ... isn't everything she does amazingly cute?

I figured I could handle the changing pad pattern. Remember ... I am a total beginner, so I am very proud of my small projects. As with knitting, I especially like it when I can complete a project in a night or two. I need the immediate gratification! The final step of the pattern is to quilt it a bit, which I haven't done yet, but that should be easy-peasy. I love this soft little creation ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt Church said...

So cute--great job! You're learning quickly!

June 19, 2009 9:42 AM

 
Anonymous Melissa said...

That looks great! Monkey pattern is too cute! Great work!

June 19, 2009 4:09 PM

 
Blogger tracyb said...

cute cute cute!

June 23, 2009 2:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home